Department Of Applied Science & Humanities
Greetings! On behalf of the faculty members, and staff of the Department of Applied Science and Humanities, Jhulelal Institute of Technology, I welcome you all to the foundation of Engineering Sciences & Humanities creative world.The department is committed to impart quality teaching and provide a favorable environment for academics. It aims to provide contemporary skill sets, technical skills, and interdisciplinary knowledge, professional & social ethics.
The department has well-qualified and dedicated faculty as per the norms of AICTE/RTMNU to cater the academic needs of the students.
The department has a distinguished record in teaching, as many of the faculty members have been conferred with prestigious awards at national and international levels. Several faculty members serve on the editorial boards of national and international journals, as office bearers in boards and associations. The teachers play a pivotal role as mentor and counsel the students towards enriching them to enhance and excel with good academic performance. Students here are motivated and exposed to outreach activities, technical participations. Students here are nurtured in a way to improve their ethical values. The department also organizes conferences, workshops, FDPs and training programs for up gradation of staff and students.
Indian National Science Congress Visit
Parents Teachers Meet
One Day Picnic at Raman Science Centre 2022-23
Industrial Visit to the factory Parle-G
Departmental Technical Events 2022-23
JIT has always been enthusiastic about participating and conducting various technical events. Yukti, Rachana, Gyandeepak are few notable among many of them. Following are the glimpses of the events.
This event is conducted for first year students to promote scientific outlook and problem solving skills. Every year this event is getting bigger and bigger. Management of the college take this event as a place to tap young minds. All the events were planned and organized by the students under the monitoring and supervision of faculty members. A team of student’s coordinators and volunteers worked round the clock to make the event a grand success.
Rachana- A Bridge Model Making Competition
Students showing models to Director, JIT Mr. Pramod Pampatwar in Rachana The Bridge Making Competition.
Rachana is an yearly event to showcase creative skills and basics of building construction of study structures. Students use materials like toothpicks, ice cream sticks and straws to construct sturdy bridge and other structures.
Its an Value Added Course for First Year Students. Students get latest knowledge of the stream. This year the program was dedicated to technical and soft skills development of students. Pupils are certified after the successful completion of the course.
From Left to Right: Dr. Khushbu Sharma, Dr. Indrani Das Sarma, In-charge of event Dr. Dhruv Mulmule , Prof. Pallavi Gajbhiye, Prof. Ashwini Dharkar and participants.
|S. No.||Name of Staff|
|Mr. GULSHAN OMPRAKASH MAKKAD|
|2||Dr. INDRANI BIRENDRA KISHORE DAS SARMA|
|3||Ms. PALLAVI YESHWANT GAJBHIYE|
|4||Dr. PRACHITI PRASANNA LOHE|
|5||Dr. KHUSHBU VINAY SHARMA|
|6||Ms. SHRADDHA RAMESH JOSHI|
|7||Ms. ASHWINI DEVAVRATA DHARKAR|
|8||Ms. SHWETA KANHAYA SINGH|
|9||Dr. DHRUV DINESH MULMULE|
|10||Ms. MEGHA SATYWAN MULCHANDANI|
|11||Mr. GAURAV CHANDRAKUMAR GURBANI|
|12||Mr. SAGAR MANIKCHAND BALANI|
|Name of faculty||Achievements(Patent published/grant, Publication in SCI/Scopus,Book/ Chapter Published, Grants Received,Awards, PhD Awarded with details)|
|Dr. Indrani Das Sarma||Best Faculty Award By Research Education Society, Delhi.|
|Dr. Prachiti Lohe||Young Researcher Award By InSc Institute of Scolors, Delhi..|
|Name of Faculty||Title of Book||Publication||Year of Publication||ISBN|
|Dr. Debashis Bhowmick||A Textbook of Applied Physics||Das Ganu Prakashan, Nagpur (India)||2021||978-93-84336-59-2|
|Dr. Indrani Das Sarma||Energy and Environment||Das Ganu Prakashan, Nagpur (India)||2021||978-93-84336-66-0|
|Dr. Gaurav Bhosekar||Energy and Environment||Alliance & Co (India)||2021||978-81-95177-21-9|
1. Dr. Debashis Bhowmick has been appointed Chairman, Board of Studies Applied Science and Humanities, Faculty of Science & Technology, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur. 2. Dr. Debashis Bhowmick and Dr. Indrani Das Sarma were appointed as Resource Persons in UGC-MHRD program of NRC at RTM Nagpur University for ANNUAL REFRESHER PROGRAM IN TEACHING (ARPIT) on SWAYAM MOOC Platform of Government of India. 3. Dr. Gaurav Bhosekar has filed patent on ZERO WASTE GARBAGE BAG. 4. Mrs. Prachiti Lohe received Doctoral Degree in Physics from RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur
1. Department has its own YouTube channel to document and preserve main events of the year and for storing e-learning resources. ( https://youtube.com/channel/UC5Hnax4WqQVsKG9fIT1vSZw ) 2. Department has bagged grant of 9 lakhs 75 thousands for DST Inspire Internship Science Camp from Department of Science & Technology Govt. of India New Delhi. (Ref. no.DST/lNSPIRE/01/2016/000901) during 16th – 20th January 2017. Department has bagged grant of 3 lakhs for skill development from Diamond Charitable Trust.
University Toppers Academic Year 2019-120
Achievements in Sports & Co-curricular Activity
|S. No||Student’s Name||Sem||Name of event||Organized by||Level||Rank|
|1||Salil Deogade||Sem-I||Chess Competition (Men)||RTMNU||1st|
|2||Salil Deogade||Sem-I||Chess Competition (Men)||Khasdar Krida Mahotsav 2020||1st|
|3||Anushka Kohale||Sem-I||Chess Competition (Women)||RTMNU||1st|
|4||Ashwini Rangari & Kashish Gidwani||Sem-II||Technotsav||SB Jain Institute of Technology||3rd|
|5||Aman Gadpale||Sem-I||Mayor Innovation 2019||Selected in top 200 projects|
|6||Jayesh Khushlani||Sem-I||Mayor Innovation 2019||Selected in top 200 projects|
|7||Ashwini Rangari & Kashish Gidwani||Sem-II||Avishkar||RTMNU & Bhiwapur Mahavidyalay||Qualified Selection Trials|
|8||Sudhanshu Suryavanshi||Sem-II||RTMNU Canoeing & Kayaking (Men)||RTMNU||Inter-university Participation|
OUR PROUD MOMENTS
AAGMAN WINNER :Koli Memorial Awards and Chotrani Memorial Awards Winners 2020-21 Koli Memorial Awards to students scoring highest marks in Mathematics I & II (2020-21) Left to right-Dimple Kewalramani, Bhagyashri Telghare,Renuka Khobragade, Vaibhav Shende Chotrani Memorial Award to the students securing highest marks in each year of engineering in RTMNU Exam.(2020-21) Abhijit Gadbail, Atul Shende, Ronak Lalwani, Harsha Mendha R.T.M.N..University Toppers AY 2022-23 Sem. I
|List of Toppers|
|University Rank||Roll Number||Marks||College||Name of Student||Photo|
|Ms. KUSUM DHANRAJANI|
|5||896462(9.49)||542||JIT||Ms. NIKITA RAUT|
Applied Sciences are the base of Engineering. Applied Sciences and Humanities Department aims to help students develop strong fundamentals in all basic courses. With sound fundamentals, learning advanced and specialized courses become easier for students. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computational Skills and Communication Skills are the subjects taught at different stages of the four year course. The Department has a team of committed faculty members with proven skills in their respective fields and state-of-the-art infrastructure for learning these subjects.
Applied Physics and Applied Chemistry are taught at first year level. The laboratories are well equipped to carry various analysis and conduct advanced practical in the field of Engineering Physics. Applied Mathematics, the core subject of Engineering, is taught up to 2nd year level. The subject helps students learn methods in Probability, Statistics & Linear Algebra. The students are trained to incorporate mathematical models in Engineering situations and find plausible solutions for the same. Smart Classrooms are designed to make learning lucid.
Communication Skills are being taught from first to pre-final year stage. The subject helps engineering students in improving skills at all levels of administration. The subjects are taught with suitable learning aids. The principles of technical and business communication are discussed with the students to enable them to use it intelligently and effectively in their professional lives. Proficiency in English Language is sharpened to help them become good professional communicators. The Department has a computerized language laboratory.
Department of First Year Engineering is also actively involved in pursuing research activities. The Department has the distinction of publishing and presenting maximum number of technical papers in peer reviewed national, international journals and conferences. The Department has also received research grants.
Vision & Mission
Prepare and upgrade the students to build a strong foundation so as to apply the theoretical knowledge to practical applications. This will help us to create thorough professionals serving as a valuable resource for industry.
To create an ambience in which innovative ideas and creativity is included in the students promoting research, scholarship through which leaders of tomorrow shall emerge.
Salient Features of A.S. & H. Department
- We provide Student Centric Learning (Usage of ICT, virtual labs, topic beyond syllabus, open ended experiments, peer learning , Project Based Learning, etc)
- Our students have bagged Numerous University ranks in each semester.
- We make sure that our Skill Development of students focused by conducting Value added courses.
- We assist students for doing IIT and other MOOC Certification courses.
- We focus on enhancing Student progression by conducting Resume Building & training on Competitive exams preparation.
- We target for on 100% Live Mega Projects & 100% internship of students to enhance student’s learning & interaction with industry persons.
- Student’s forum Urja runs different programs for AS & H department’s students.
- We organize Industrial Visits and One Day Picnic for students.
- We have active Personal Mentoring of students (one to one counseling).
- We encourage Faculties & Students for research (such as UGC, Scopus, web of science – journal publication, books chapter writing, pursuing further studies, participation in skill development seminars/STTP/FDP, workshops)
Why Engineering from JIT?
1. An Engineering course can offer diverse career options. After completion of the Bachelor Degree either M.TECH or MBA can be pursued.
2. Engineers have been responsible for the tremendous innovations and discoveries since time immemorial. Since engineering involves concepts and reasoning, it can be a great choice for creative person.
3. JIT provides quality education, serene and peaceful environment which augments academic excellence. The university toppers & college toppers are given cash prizes for which budget of 15 lakhs are allocated.
4. It has state of art infrastructures with well equipped labs, well maintained library, and a play ground with all outdoor sports facilities. Gym, Music Room, and Indoor Games facilities are also available.
5. It provides excellent placement opportunities in dream companies like Persistent, Triveni Turbine, Tata Aerospace, Infocepts etc. The highest package offered is 10 LPA by Byjus.
6. JIT incubation Centre nurtures students to become Entrepreneur which has seed fund of 5 lakhs.
7. The students execute programs like Jallosh (Cultural Event), Shikhar (Technical Event), Ganesh Utsav, etc. in collaboration with SRC, which enhances their Managerial skills, Leadership quality and improves their wisdom.