Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Incubation cell (EIIC)
Jhulelal institute of technology (JIT), Nagpur
Prof. Rahul Waghmare is working as Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department and looking after EIIC from last two year and working hard to make it a most vibrant cell of the institute. He himself is a role model for innovations and Entrepreneurship for the budding Engineers. He is an amateur Engineer who devotes his most of the time in practicing the Engineering concepts to solve the real time problems. This lead him to become a freelance consultant for variety of Mechanical Engineering industrial problems. Some of his noteworthy consultancy assignments include On-Grid and OFF Grid solar Photovoltaic plants and industrial goods elevators. Under his mentorship the Go-kart (Racing Car) making team ‘Speedin seagull' of JIT could achieve 3rd rank in Vidarbha region in AIRC National competition.
About EIIC cell
The Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Incubation cell (EIIC) was established to motivate students to start their own business venture instead of queuing in job market, to catalyze and promote startups, to guide and support in identifying a platform for commercialization. The cell Promote Invention, Innovation and Incubation under the mentorship of industry experts apart from the expert academicians and advances towards Strengthening Government’s Vision & Mission of innovation entrepreneurship and skill development. The EIIC enables competency development in modern engineering tools that are necessary for product design, development and manufacturing and provide students to gain insights in Industry 4.0 and other disruptive technologies. With modern equipments and the state-of art technologies, this cell ensures employability of the students in industry specific domain. The technical facility and skill- development trainings provided at the cell ensures that students get equipped with most of the perquisites that are essentially required for under graduate students for employability and placement in multi-national companies. The cell motivates and promotes scientific temper among the students and provides a platform to incubate their innovative ideas into commercially viable products. Primarily the cell’s role is to engage large number of faculty, students and staff in various innovation and entrepreneurship related activities such as ideation, problem solving, Proof of concept development, Design thinking, IPR, Project handling and management at Pre- incubation/Incubation stage, etc., so that innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem gets established and stabilized in HEIs.
- Creating awareness among the students of the JIT and the educated unemployed youth of Nagpur regarding entrepreneurship as a career option.
- Conduct training programmes in the field of entrepreneurial skill development.
- Develop entrepreneurship related course curriculum to incorporate in management and engineering programmes.
- Provide guidance and facilities to first-time entrepreneurs during gestation.
- To explore the possibility of commercialization of some of the potential technologies developed by faculty members and students of JIT.
- To form a Technology Development group in JIT from enthusiastic passed-out students of JIT and thereby motivating for self employment.
- Facilitating the transfer of technology, commercialisation of R&D output and to create value added jobs & services
- Rahul Waghmare, In-charge EIIC
- Dr. Vandita Shahu, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Anil Bhavaskar, Department of Electronics & Telecommunication.
- Amit Pimpalkar , Department of computer science Engineering
- Mohammad Imran Khan, Department of computer science Engineering.
- Anagha Gajbhiye, Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Dr. Sagar Jadhav, Department of Business administration.
- Dr. Indranidas Sharma, First Year Department.