- ABOUT PROGRAM
- UG PROGRAM
- FACULTY PROFILE
- DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI
- DEPARTMENT NEWS
Prof. Sandeep Kale's Message: As a head of the department it is my pleasure to welcome you to the department of electrical engineering. With the growing demand of Electrical Engineers in the Government and private sectors, department is making best efforts to produce highly trained and capable Engineers who can take up the challenges of the real world. The department of electrical engineering has a fine blend of experienced as well as young and dynamic faculty members, who are involved in imparting quality education. The faculty strives hard to foster and encourage a teaching methodology i.e. both practical and theoretical in approach. The department is fully equipped with all the laboratories required for the curriculum like Basic Electrical Engineering lab, Electrical Machines lab, Network Analysis lab, Control System lab, Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation lab, Electrical Workshop lab, Power Electronics lab, High Voltage lab.
For the Extracurricular activities, Departmental Forum ELECRA has been established by the students. The Forum conducts various technical and cultural events regularly. Internships, Educational tours and Industrial visits are regularly organized to enhance the practical knowledge of the students and to interact with the recent technologies used in the industry.
- Motivating the faculty & students for higher education
- Establishing MOUs with core industries
- Qualitative improvement of University Results & Placements
- To develop Virtual Laboratory for major subjects and promote the use of ICT in Teaching Learning
- To Strengthen the alumni interaction
- Promotion of Research and Consultancy by involving Industry
- Increase of placements in core industries
- To become a Centre of excellence in Renewable energy systems
- To increase entrepreneurship development activities
- To receive funds/grants from funding agencies
Program Outcomes (POs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to :
- Engineering Knowledge:Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
“Kar Lo Safalata Mutthi Mein”
Department of Electrical Engineering in association with Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd. along with Gillette Guard and under the banner of forum ELECRA organized an online event ‘Kar Lo Safalata Mutthi Mein’ on 12th October, 2021 on online virtual platform of zoom meetings. This event got overwhelming response by the students. Overall 100 students participated in the event. The main motto of this event is to empower the students with tips for grooming to build confidence that will allow them to excel in their upcoming professional journey. Sessions of grooming are conducted on three parameters viz.
- Appear your confident best self to make the best first impressions
- Body language that emits positivity and confidence
- Communicate sharply and confidently
The forum body is thankful to Shri Mahesh Sadhwani, Chairman, SSCT; Shri Virendra Kukreja, Secretary, SSCT; Shri Jaiprakash Shajramani, Treasurer, SSCT; Shri Pramod Pampatwar, Director-Technical, JIT; Ms. Madhavi Wairagade, Director-HR & Admin; Dr.Narendra Bawane, Principal and Dr. Debashish Bhowmick, Vice-principal, Prof. Rohan Ingle
,HOD, EE for their constant motivation and support. The program was grand success due to untiring efforts of teaching and students of Electrical Engineering department.
Date and Time of event: 12th October, 2021 at 2 pm
Name of the resource person: Miss. Anuja Ghadge, HR Manager, Gillette Guard Agency: Dept. of EE in association with Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd. along with Gillette Guard Meeting link (Zoom meetings):
Prof. Rahul Joge
In-Charge Forum ELECRA, EE
|Sr. No||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Qualification||Experience|
|1||Prof. Sandeep Kale||HOD, Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D(pursuing)||18 years|
|2||Dr. Nandkumar Wagh||Associate Professor||Ph.D||36 years|
|3||Dr. Prashant Debre||Associate Professor||Ph.D||21 years|
|4||Prof. Swapnil Rahangadle||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech.||8.5 years|
|5||Prof. Piyush Bahad||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech.||8 years|
|6||Prof. Nitin Choudhary||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech.||9 years|
|7||Prof. Rahul Joge||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech.||7 years|
|8||Prof. Ruchi Astonkar||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.E.||3 years|
|9||Prof. Yuvraj Chavhan||Assistant Professor||B.E.,M.Tech.||3 years|
Students at Mayor Innovation Awards
Students received MAyor innovation Award by the hands of Honorable Shri Nitinji Gadkari, Union Minister of India
Students won 1st prize in Project Competition at GNIT, Nagpur
EE Students won 1st prize of Rs. 21000 at Mayor Innovation Awards
students Won consolation prize in Mayor Innovations Award
Hon`ble Mayor interacting with EE students
|Department of Electrical Engineering|
|1||Prof. Rohan Ingle||Published an Indian Patent on” Smart painting roller with temperature sensor to detect the temperature of wall and paint, Application number: 202341003028, Date of publication: 20/01/2023.|
|In Process – Indian design Grant patent – topic “Portable Solar Powered Bathroom Shower”. Submitted the application.|
|Publication in Scopus- "Load Balancing on Transformers for Maximum Efficiency" International Journal of Advance Science and Technology, Vol - 29, Issue - 5, PP -11943-11948|
|Book Chapter- Published on "Protection of power system in the Presence of distributed generation by estimating phase angle" in international conference on recent advances in materials, manufacturing and machine learning, ID-440. (organised by YCCE, Nagpur)|
|Reviewer in IEEE International conference on " Power Electronics, Drives & Energy"|
|Reviewer in AICTE sponsired Springer International conference on " Recent trends in Energy, Drives & EV"|
|Reviewer at "International Conference on recent advances in materials, manufacturing and machine learning" , YCCE, Nagpur|
|2||Prof. Sandeep A. Kale||Publication in Scopus- "MACHINE LEARNING ALGORITHM AND STRATEGIES IN WSN" International Journal of Early Childhood Special Education (INT-JECSE), Vol 14, Issue 01, pg- 3321-3327|
|Patent Published- Title- Three Phase Underground Cable Fault Detector and Method Thereof Date of Publication- 4/03/2022|
|Patent Filled-Title- Smart Wadrobe, Date of Publication- 26/06/2022|
|Co-convener of National Level Project Competition organized-2k22.|
|Reviewer-Reviewer at IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP-2022), IEEE Bombay Section.|
|Award- Received "Academic Exellence Award 2022" from InSc(International Scholar)|
|Resource Person- 5 day National level "Faculty Development Programme on Remarkable Advanvcements and Innovation in electrical and electronics engineering" at Arka Jain University, Jharkhand|
|3||Dr. Nandkumar Wagh||Publication in Scopus- Performance Enhancement of DCMLI Fed DTC-PMSM Drives in Electric Vehicles Bulletin of Electrical Engineering & Informatics, Vol -11, Issue No. 4|
|Book Chapter on Performance Enhancement of DCMLI Fed DTC-PMSM Drives in Electric Vehicles at BEEI|
|4||Prof. Swapnil Rahangdale||Resource Person-Workshop on Scholarship Portal & its Documentation JIT associated with IQAC, RTMNU|
|5||Prof. Nitin Choudhary||Patent Published- Title- Three Phase Underground Cable Fault Detector and Method Thereof. Date of Publication- 4/03/2022|
|6||Prof. Ruchi V. Astonkar||Publication in National Conference- Innovative concept of stair climbing electro mechanism with CAD modification National Conference on Multidisciplinary Research and Innovation-21 (NCMRAI-21) , Sipna College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati|
|Ms. Roshani Meshram (EE) Collebera Service Pvt. Ltd. Ahmedabad||Ms. Aparna Sinha (EE) ABCO, Computers Nagpur|
|Mr. Amit Nagpure (EE) F6 Design & Training Solution, Nagpur||Ms. Kiran Borkar (EE) F6 Design & Training Solution, Nagpur|
|Mr. Prathamesh Bansodkar (EE) Shhambhawee Services Private Limited, Pune||Ms. Sakshi Janbandhu (EE) F6 Design & Training Solution, Nagpur|
|Mr. Harshad Tale (EE) Shhambhawee Services Private Limited, Pune|
|Sr. No||Name of Student||Pass Out Year||Contact No||Name of Company working with||Position in the company||Annual Package||Company is Private or Government|
|1||Sushmita selokar||2021||9359840335||Mphasis Pvt limited||Software Engineer||3.25LPA||Private|
|2||Nandkishor Subhash Mohatkar||2019||8806014052||Walplast Products Private limited||Executive Engineer Maintenance||350000||Private|
|3||Aashita Pravin Awale||2021||7020386779||Hexaware||Executive||1.8||Private|
|4||Kajal humane||2019||8623812926||Yashi consulting services pvt LTD jaipur||GIS ANALYST||3LPA||Private|
|5||Abhishek Thakur||2019||8180894247||MOBA MOBILE AUTOMATION INDIA||Team Coordinator||3LPA||Private|
|6||Utkarsh Parshuram Zodape||2021||8625911498||Sanzen Healthcare Pvt. Ltd||Medical Representative||1.20 lacks||Private|
|7||SATYAMKUMAR RAMCHANDRA TIWARI||2019||8412024580||POST OFFICE KAMTHI||BRANCH POST MASTER||2.84 LPA||Government|
|8||Bhagyashri||2019||9545754379||Yashi consultancy pvt limited||His analyst||3.5||Private|
|9||Anshul Barahate||2021||9284188539||Collabera||Technical Recuriter||4||Private|
|10||Simran Suresh Sarode||2019||7776941569||Cassixcom pvt ltd||Estimation Engineer||3.5||Private|
|11||Gaurav walokar||2019||8308793217||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Assistant manager||2.7||Private|
|12||Mangesh Hemraj Dhore||2021||8999860532||Central control engg.||Technical services provider (PLC programmer)||1.2L||Private|
|14||Rohit chaudhary||2019||7798423593||GLOBAL POWER SYSTEM||Senior Services Engineer||3.3 lack||Private|
|15||Dezi Prabhakar Maind||2021||7378752003||Cognizant Technology Solutions India Private Limited||Programmer Analyst Trainee||4 LPA||Private|
|16||Megha Rambhau Fandi||2018||8806661785||Intact automation Pvt Ltd||Junior engineer- Project||2 lakh||Private|
|17||Shivani Shukla||2021||8390529088||Collabera INC||Technical recruiter||3L||Private|
|18||Tushar Bangale||2019||9595157477||Tata consultancy services||Assistant system engineer||3.36 LPA||Private|
|19||Chetan dhawale||2018||7276704497||ESAF Bank||CSE||2.8 lack||Private|
|20||Gopal rambhau wandhe||2018||9527468744||Na||Na||Na||Private|
|21||Abhinav Sawarkar||2018||8605534533||Global power||Senior engineer||3L||Private|
|22||Shubhm Nimbalkar||2020||7249392334||Invora Technology||Design engineer||3.2lps||Private|
|24||Saif Ali||2020||8379975368||Superior Drinks Pvt Ltd||Pruduction Engineer||180000||Private|
|25||Mohit Patle||2020||8208763505||United seamless Tubular Pvt Ltd ( D.P. Jindal Group)||Assistant Automation and Maintenance Engineer||5.20 lac||Private|
|26||Monu lokhande||2020||8788219804||Accenture||CS Engineer||3.36||Private|
|27||Vrushabh Narayan Butle||2018||8793237794||Colossus Infra Projects Pvt Ltd||Billing Engineer||3.70L PA||Private|
|28||Siddhant Gautam Sakhare||2020||8007701612||Signum Fire Protection India||Production Engineer||130000||Private|
|29||Samiksha Suresh Dambhare||2020||8329264763||Signum Fire Protection||Production Engineer||120,000||Private|
|30||Tejas Kamdi||2020||7769037093||Cam cliq||Inventory manager||190000||Private|
|31||Shubham Ishwardas Natiye||2018||8408850702||colossus infra project pvt ltd||senior project engineer||360000||Private|
|32||CHETAN SATISH TEMBHURNIKAR||2018||9284843861||ENGAGEBAY INC. PVT. LTD||Senior Technical Support||3.5 lakh per annum||Private|
|33||Rohit chaudhary||2019||7798423593||Global power system||Service engineer||3.2 lakh||Private|
|34||Urvashi Madhav Ghangare||2020||9146102006||TCS||Assistant system manager||3.38||Private|
|35||Aman Aswani||2021||8459660540||Tata consultancy services||Assistant System Engineer||3.36||Private|
|36||Sakshi Sunil Walbinde||2018||9604885466||Amla Commerce||Software Engineer||2.5||Private|
|37||Shubham Raut||2019||9403341999||3i infotech consultancy services||IT Support Engineer||320000||Private|
|38||Yash Ajankar||2018||8888360306||Siemens Ltd||Senior Project Engineer||600000||Private|
|39||Akshay Sureshji Zod||2018||9511275632||Mspvl ( Adani dilat power plant)||Operation and maintaces||240 thausand||Private|
|40||Bhawna Bansod||2019||7083732219||Reliance Industries Limited||Adviser||1.9||Private|
|41||Priyanka Ramesh Mowale||2019||9730345087||AMPITI lonara||Instructor||50000||Private|
The Department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 2014-2015. Currently, the department offers Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering. The department has an elite group of faculty members who are dedicated and well experienced in different fields of specialization. The department is fully equipped with latest systems and apparatus in the Electrical machines, Power Electronics, Internet of Things Applications in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, Power System Simulation, Embedded Systems, Measurements and Instrumentation laboratories.
The Department faculties encompass all the sub-disciplines of Electrical Engineering and are active in research in all the areas. They also collaborate with the faculty from other disciplines within and outside the institute. Faculty members have published papers in refereed International/National journals and conferences.
The research activity involves active participation from the students, faculty and the industry. The Department has received research project funds from different funding agencies.
Vision & Mission
To develop professional Electrical Engineer with advanced technical knowledge for contribution
to Industry and Society with Ethical Standards.
1.To give effective learning resource amongst the student for enhancement of professional skills in Design, Development, Research and Entrepreneurship.
2.To inculcate technical and communication skills amongst the student to develop sustainable solution for Industries and Government entities.
- EE students received First prize in Mayor Innovations award for making Solar panel cleaning system organized by Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
- The EE faculties always participate in ATAL FDP & STTP, Workshops and Webinars in collaboration with industries on regular basis.
- The EE faculties are professionally associated with membership from ISTE, IEEE, INSC, IAENG & Solar Energy Society of India.
- Only Engineering institute in central India to visit Kakrapar Nuclear power Plant, Gujarat. Industrial visits on regular basis are arranged for all semesters followed by presentation.
- The skill based training sessions, supportive sessions on technical and non technical competitive examinations and guest lectures are organized on regular basis.
- Publications in SCOPUS, Web of Science & other reputed journals from all staff members.
- Student Centric learning (Usage of ICT, virtual labs, topic beyond syllabus, open ended experiments, peer learning, Project Based learning, etc) is provided.
- The department is linked with industries, training centres through MOU’s for organizing various technical activities, seminars.
- Personal Mentoring of students (one to one counseling).
- Department forum “ELECRA” provides a platform to all EE students where they all can show their talent in organizing technical & non technical activities.
- All major projects are “Live projects” & some projects received research funds.
- The Department organizes Electricity Safety awareness program ”Urja Bachat Abhiyan” as societal responsibility in nearby villages in association with SRC.
- The Department plays a major role in Solar Plant maintenance, Generator operation & Electrical Maintenance of the institute.
- Department looks after Solar Plant Maintenance, Generator operating & Electrical Maintenance of the college.